Are you a shortie struggling to find cute sneakers that add just the perfect amount of height? As someone who is 5'2 I know the struggle and have been in your position.
There are so many sneakers out there that are either too tall and chunky, or too flat where they can't give you the height you want. I decided to do the dirty work and source some of the best sneakers for short women that will add the perfect height!
There are several types of sneakers that suit short women based on the different features they offer.
- Platform sneakers: the most obvious! These are an excellent choice for short women because they provide added height without compromising comfort. These sneakers have a thick sole that can vary in height, giving you a subtle boost in stature. They also come in various styles, from casual to sporty to fashionable.
- Elevated Insole Sneakers: some sneakers are designed with built-in elevated insoles, often referred to as "hidden heels" or "height increasing" sneakers. These shoes provide discreet extra height without an obvious platform sole, making them a great choice for those who want a more inconspicuous lift.
- High Top Sneakers: high-top sneakers can visually elongate your legs. They cover more of your ankle and create a streamlined look, making your legs appear longer. They are available in a wide range of styles, from classic canvas high-tops to fashion-forward options with added embellishments.
- Monochromatic Sneakers: choosing sneakers in a single color from sole to upper can create a seamless, uninterrupted line from your feet to your legs, giving the illusion of longer legs. Opting for neutral or skin-toned sneakers can be particularly effective in this regard.
From designer labels that offer pristine stitching and elevate any look, to more affordable sneakers that offer plush platform soles, there is something here for every shortie.
So, lets dive right into the 10 best sneakers for short women that will have tall people wishing they can wear these!
1. CLAE Edson Vegan Runner Sneakers For Short Women
The White Company is honestly underrated! These platform sneakers can pair with almost anything - blue denim jeans, white jeans, skirts, leggings, and even joggers!
2. On Cloud Cloudmonster Sneakers
On Cloud has popped off this year. They're liike the new Nike, but higher-end and cooler in my opinion. From someone who has gone through 4 pairs of on cloud sneakers, I can vouch and say they really feel like your walking on a cloud. I walked miles in these in Europe an on the treadmill and they do not dissapoint.
3. Women's Court Trainer in White/black
These Alexander McQueen sneakers are a best-seller for a reason. These are a slight twist on the older sneakers that went super viral. I like these ones better because the platform is not super bulgy like the other style. This comes in a bunch of different color heal counters.
4. New Balance 574+ Sneaker
New Balance really made a comeback. One customer in the reviews section said, “I would pay double for these shoes! They are so cute and I've already gotten so many compliments!! They go with everything and are so comfortable!”
5. UO Converse Chuck 70 AT-CX Platform Sneaker
Converse also have weirdly made a comeback this year. I see a lot of celebrities and influencers wearing them casually on the streets. I mean, they have been around for a while, so I guess they know a thing or two about sneakers. One customer reviewed these and said, “The platform is perfect for short girls.”
6. Prada Double Wheel nylon gabardine sneakers
Ugh, these are so cute. And the color weirdly matches with everything - denim, white, black, you name it. These are hard to get your hands on, so if you can find your size in stock get them!
7. On Cloud Cloudnova Sneaker
I am on my second pair of these so you know they are short girl approved. They're nice enough where you can wear them out to lunch and not feel weird about wearing running shoes. But also comfortable enough where you can walk miles in them. These are the perfect “europe sneakers” for walking around and exploring the city.
8. New Balance 9060 Womens Platform Sneaker
Another great New Balance find - i like these because they have platform, but not too much platform where it looks weird. They also will match with any outfit you throw on. Makes creating an outfit one step easier. We'd pair it with black leggings and sporta bra for a monochromatic look!
9. NAKD WOLFE PETAL BLACK NYLON
Naked Wolfe became popular after Kourtney Kardashian wore the infamous platform knee high boots. They recently just came out with these platform sneakers and we are obsessed. It also comes in a white color too! These would be great to pair with black trousers or high waisted jeans and a bodysuit for a casual day out!
10. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Lift Platform
These sneakers are designed with a high sole made from ultra-comfy foam making you feel like your walking on clouds.Love the way this girl styled them. The sneakers also come in different colors! It also runs large FYI. Pair this with flared denim jeans and a button down for a casual day out.
RECOMMENDED BLOG POSTS
And there you have it! The best sneakers for short women. It shouldn't be that difficult to find a good pair of sneakers for us shorties. Whether you want to spend the big bucks on designer sneakers, or $100 on a more affordable pair, there are endless options of both! We always reccommend pairing your platform sneakers with neutral colors to give off a more balanced and elongated illusion!
If you loved this read, make sure to check out these petite joggers that you will not have to tailor (boom, hundreds of dollars just saved from going to the tailor.)